Makes 10 brownies
- 2 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 2/3 of a cup of ground almonds
- —-Option: Add some chopped nuts to taste
- 1/2 a cup of buckwheat or brown rice flour (100g)
- 14 medjool dates
- 4 tablespoons of raw cacao
- 3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- a pinch of salt — — — On a personal note: I had more than I needed so I took about 2 cups of this stuff, added some baking powder, nuts, raisins and produced some awesome sweet potato bread puddingish thin. I cut it in small bites & drizzled it with confectioner’s sugar & sour cream – delicious! Kids loved it and it was mostly sweet potatoes!
- Pre heat over to 350F
- Peel sweet potatoes,cut into chunks. Put into a steamer for 20 min until very soft.
- Put sweet potatoes in food processor with the dates.
- Put the remaining ingredients into a bowl and mix.
- Then mix in the sweet potato/date combination. Stir well.
- Place into a lined baking dish and cook for about twenty minutes, until you can pierce the brownie cake with a fork bringing it out dry.
- Remove the tray and allow it to cool for about ten minutes – this is really important as it needs this time to stick together!
- Remove the brownies from the tray, leaving it another few minutes before cutting them into squares – then dig in and enjoy!